Information About DNMS
"DNMS has been a most valuable tool! Clients have walked into my office with symptoms of chronic pain, fatigue, fibromyalgia, dissatisfaction with themselves, their jobs and their relationships. After just a few months using the DNMS protocols, they are energized – feeling connected in the moment. If there could ever be a therapy that allows someone to 'have a happy childhood today' - it is DNMS."JESSICA BOLLINGER, LCSW - Lexington, Kentucky
"At last - a way to help clients actually and literally heal from early childhood wounds. DNMS has transformed my practice. My clients are experiencing profound and lasting change at levels deeper than I would have believed possible."LYNN FOERSTER, PhD, - Westlake Village, California
Ego State Therapy
Ego state therapies have been around for many decades. Psychosynthesis, Gestalt Therapy, Transactional Analysis and Inner Child Psychotherapy are types of Ego State therapy. These methodologies share the approach that different personality parts, sub-personalities or ego states can have different views of reality.
For example, healthy ego states live in the present, feel and manage the full range of emotions, hold positive beliefs about self and the world, engage in appropriate/desirable behaviors and have an adaptive point of view.
In contrast, wounded ego states live in the past, are stuck in painful emotions, hold negative beliefs about self and the world, engage in unwanted or inappropriate behaviors and have a maladaptive point of view.
Ego state therapies aim to help individual wounded ego states heal and work to increase communication and cooperation between wounded and healthy ego states. This type of therapy helps resolve old traumas, quiet internal conflicts and build self-esteem.
What Is DNMS?
DNMS, a specific type of Ego State Therapy, has been a treatment for clients who have tried everything to lift their depression. Some state that it has truly has been a miracle in their lives. DNMS helps dissociative clients integrate their ego states in a gentle safe way where they always feel in control of their therapy. It helps eliminate panic attacks in clients with Panic Disorder. It has given hope to many clients who have tried everything else. It is successfully used for clients who dissociate too easily to be successful with EMDR and to stop the negative tapes that play in client’s heads from caregivers, abusers, or people of influence in their life.
The DNMS is an ego state therapy designed to treat a wide range of clients, symptoms, and issues. This includes adults with complex trauma wounds, such as those inflicted by verbal, physical, and sexual abuse; and with attachment wounds, such as those inflicted by parental rejection, neglect, and enmeshment.
The DNMS is based on the assumption that the degree to which developmental needs were not adequately met is the degree to which a client is stuck in childhood. It starts by guiding clients to establish three internal Resources: a Nurturing Adult Self, a Protective Adult Self, and a Spiritual Core Self. Together these Resources gently help wounded child ego states get unstuck from the past by meeting their unmet developmental needs, helping them process through painful emotions, and by establishing an emotional bond.
Alternating bilateral stimulation (made popular by EMDR therapy) is applied at key points in the process. The DNMS focuses special attention on healing maladaptive introjects (ego states that mimic abusive, neglectful, or dysfunctional caregivers). Since these wounded ego states cause the most trouble for clients, their healing results in a significant benefit. As introjects heal, clients report unwanted behaviors, beliefs, and emotions diminish.
Signs to Look for -That DNMS Therapy May Be of Benefit
- Felt an irrational fear of abandonment
- Experience relentless internal conflicts
- Felt stuck in the past – especially stuck in childhood
- Heard a parent’s ‘wounding message’ over and over in your head
- Felt as though a traumatic event from the past is still happening now
- Reacted to a stressful event as though you were a fearful, helpless or angry child
- Suspected your unhappy childhood is connect to your adulthood problems
- Noticed that what you think (“I’m worthwhile) doesn’t match what you feel (I’m worthless)
What Does DNMS Treat?
- Elimination of chronic depressive disorders
- Lessening or complete elimination of OCD behaviors
- Reduction or elimination of anxiety including panic attacks and phobias
- Complicated grief
- Eating disorders
- Desensitizing emotional triggers that lead to relapse in addictions
- Dissociative disorders
- Relationship problems
- Complex trauma wounds, such as those inflicted by verbal, physical, and sexual abuse
- Attachment wounds, such as those inflicted by parental rejection, neglect and enmeshment
- Those struggling with never having felt understood
- Those who need affirmation
- Those who cannot turn off the inner "tapes" of hostile caretakers
- Those who are codependent